Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Second Teaser Trailer for STAR WARS:EPISODE VII - THE FORCE AWAKENS



The second teaser for Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens is here and is a welcome return "home" for all.

Watching this teaser left me grinning from ear to ear. I'm not even a hardcore SW fan (don't get me wrong, I LOVE the series, you just won't see me dressed up at any cons or anything like that), but this made me unabashedly giddy. Hearing Luke's voice narrate, along with the stunning imagery (yay for practical sets/effects!), it felt like going back to a very special place in my childhood.

My favorite shot from the trailer? The opening wide shot of the downed Star Destroyer on the desert planet, Jakku (yep, not Tatooine).

When JJ Abrams signed on for the job of carrying the SW franchise forward I couldn't have been more excited and hopeful. Abrams is one of my favorite directors/producers working today and I've genuinely loved nearly all of his work. Episode 8 should prove to be a more than adequate follow up as well, given that "Looper" and "Breaking Bad" director Rian Johnson will be taking the reins.

Christmas can't come soon enough.

Image via Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment